As we draw close to Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, we want to share the details of the upcoming services. We previously communicated that services will be streamed online using a different Machzor that is easy to follow and viewable during the services. All of the following information is available on our website at https://www.kolami-tx.org/wp/highholydays/ should you need to refer to it at any time.
Rosh Hashanah Services
- Erov Rosh Hashanah: September 18th @ 8:00 pm (Live Stream)
- Rosh Hashanah Children’s Service: Pre-recorded and available September 19th
- Rosh Hashanah Liturgical Service: September 19th @ 9:00 am (Live Stream)
- Rosh Hashanah Torah Service: September 19th @ 10:30 am (Live Stream)
- Rosh Hashanah Shofar/Tashlikh Service: September 19th @ 12:30 pm
- In-Person at previous LISD Natatorium; and
- Live Stream
For those choosing to attend the in-person Shofar and Tashlikh services, feel free to bring a lunch and have a socially-distance picnic with your fellow Kolamites.
Yom Kippur Services
- Kol Nidre: September 27th @ 8:00 pm
- In-Person at CKA parking lot
- Live Stream
- Yom Kippur Children’s Service: Pre-recorded and available September 28th
- Yom Kippur Liturgical Service: September 28th @ 10:00 am (Live Stream)
- Yom Kippur Torah Service: September 28th @ 11:30 am (Live Stream)
- Yom Kippur Afternoon Service: September 28th @ 1:00 pm (Live Stream)
- Yom Kippur Yizkor/Neilah Services: September 28th @ 6:30 pm
- In-Person at CKA parking lot; and
- Live Stream
We have changed our machzor to Mishkan HaNefesh: Machzor for the Days of Awe. This machzor has a fully transliterated liturgy, contemporary poetry, and alternative readings. Most importantly, it comes with the ability for us to share it electronically during services. Currently, we only have enough copies of the new machzor so they can be shared with those attending Yom Kippur in-person in the parking lot. Should you feel the need to read from a book at home versus following the electronic version, it’s available on both Amazon and the Central Conference of American Rabbis websites.
In-Person CKA Parking Lot Services
If you plan to attend Kol Nidre or Yiskor/Neilah services at our parking lot, we will be broadcasting the audio over our own FM channel that can be picked up on your car or a portable AM/FM radio . You are welcome to remain in your car or bring a chair and sit in the parking lot by your vehicle.
We have tried to be creative with our services to provide opportunities to connect yet remain healthy and safe. We understand this will be different from past High Holy days but hope this allows each of you to draw upon your religious foundations in a way that works for you.
Rebecca Lennard, Board President
Paul Dietz, Executive Vice President
Stephen Ducar, Ritual Vice President
Rabbi Geoff Dennis